Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for Resident Teachers with a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0, and a desire for growth in a feedback-driven, supportive environment.
As a Resident Teacher, you will assist in building a classroom culture that fosters students’ genuine love for learning and creates a sense of community for families. If you are not on a pathway to certification already, Zeta provides a 2-year, fully subsidized certification and Master’s degree program through our partnership with Relay Graduate School of Education, with a 3-year Zeta commitment. You will gain the knowledge and skills needed to elevate your teaching practice, and be on track to receive New York State professional certification in general and special education (a requirement of the role).
With the hands-on support of your school leaders and fellow teachers, you will:
– Plan inquiry-based, academically rigorous lessons that inspire curiosity in all students
– Build classroom management skills to create a safe and loving learning environment
– Master the foundations of Zeta’s academic content and social-emotional curriculum
– Become equipped with data-driven pedagogical tools to drive student achievement
– Develop authentic, meaningful relationships with students and families to support students’ personal and academic growth
– Engage in weekly professional development opportunities with leaders and colleagues to benefit from feedback that will help you grow as an educator
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are a group of lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is $50,000-65,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience and certification status.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).