Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for SETSS Teachers (Special Education Support Services Teacher) with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2+ years of lead teaching experience (NY Special Education certification required), with a proven track record of accelerating student growth. In particular, we are in search of SETSS Teacher candidates that have demonstrated a talent and passion for working with students with Special Education designations.
– Plan and revise lessons for small group and push-in instruction that align with IEP goals and Common Core Standards
– Provide homeroom teachers and families with differentiated learning strategies to support academic and social-emotional growth
– Create organized systems to track data and progress monitor individual learning goals in accordance with each student’s IEP or 504
– Proactively and effectively communicate with homeroom teachers and service providers to ensure students have what they need to be successful at all times
– Prepare data-driven reports in preparation for meetings pertaining to students’ individual needs
– Build a classroom culture that fosters students’ genuine love for learning and creates a sense of community for our families
– Internalize and deeply understand Zeta’s academic content and social-emotional curriculum
– Collaborate with colleagues and participate in weekly professional development opportunities with leaders and colleagues to benefit from feedback that will help you grow as an educator
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $58,500 and $106,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience and certification status.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).