Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Our Network office is located at 401 W. 218th St., New York, NY 10034. Our Network team follows a hybrid work schedule with at least two days in office, depending on what each role’s scope of work permits. This role will require additional in-person time as well as travel to other Zeta school locations.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for an Associate Director of Organizational Culture with a Bachelor’s Degree, and at least 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting or roles focused on organizational culture and/or organizational development, who is fueled by a passion forenacting positive change in workplace culture and improving the employee experience. MBA is preferred, but not required.
Ideal candidates have a creative, problem-solving mindset, strong communication and writing skills, disciplined focus on scalable processes, change management experience, and interest in education. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Network.
– Devise and oversee initiatives to cultivate and sustain a positive, inclusive, and high-performing organizational culture that aligns with Zeta's values and mission; implement programs and processes that strengthen Zeta’s culture and ensure teachers and staff are connected to organizational goals
– Engage in strategic visioning for all aspects of employee recognition alongside the CEO and other senior leaders; create and implement data-driven programs to bring this vision to life
– Routinely assess team engagement and well-being through surveys, focus groups, interviews, and/or observations; identify areas of improvement using data and best practices
– Identify opportunities to enhance talent development and build out programs for training, mentorship and coaching, and career advancement
– Revamp and maintain Zeta’s performance management system to ensure clear leadership development pathways for all teammates
– Implement programs designed to foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture rooted in Zeta’s mission and core values; partner with all teams to ensure a seamless integration of new initiatives and develop positive cross functional relationships
– Collaborate with senior leaders to design and implement an organizational structure that services the needs of Zeta’s growth and scaling plans and supports our high-performance culture
– Monitor and report on the effectiveness of culture-related initiatives, adapting strategies as needed to maintain a dynamic and positive work environment that drives outcomes
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for an immediate opening. The salary range for this position is between $100,000 and $125,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales. This position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary, merit-based performance bonus.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).