Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
This role is fully in-person Monday through Friday, with hours spanning from 6:00am-6:00pm, and as needed. The school buildings we are hiring for are as follows:
– 1910 Arthur Ave., Bronx, NY 10457
– 401 West 218th St., New York, NY 10034
– Split between two sites: 1475 Macombs Rd., Bronx, NY 10452 and 1325 Jerome Ave., Bronx, NY 10452
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Building Superintendent with a Bachelor's Degree (exceptions could be made for certain experience), and at least 3-5+ years of relevant experience as a building superintendent, who is fueled by a passion for team success and continuous improvement.
– Executing projects coordinated and supervised by the school-based Operations Director and the Network Facilities Team including small- and large- scale repairs
– Maintains fire prevention systems including sprinkler system, fire alarm panel, and fire extinguishers
– Maintains HVAC system including the maintenance of the HVAC system as well as providing guidance for our staff on how the system needs to be operated
– When outside vendors are required, coordinates all work being done – receives and monitors vendors at the school, and holds them accountable to 100% timely, excellent completion
– Responsible for performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks throughout the day (24 hour fix on all work), which could include, but is not limited to:
– Carpentry work: Painting, millwork
– Electrical repairs: Lightbulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses, etc.
– Plumbing repairs: Toilets, faucets, leaks, etc.
– General facility repairs: Repairing doors, locks, flooring (e.g., damaged tiles), desks, etc.
– General facility maintenance: Trash and recycling maintenance, all scheduled maintenance visits for key building systems (HVAC, sprinkler systems, elevators, etc)
– Available evenings and weekends as needed for facilities work taking place in building or for any facilities emergencies
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for an immediate opening and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $110,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience in facilities and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).