Data & Technology Associate
Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Data & Technology Associate with a Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of work experience in consulting, education, technology, or data analysis. The ideal Data & Technology Associate is fueled by a passion for continuous improvement and for solving the educational equity crisis in America. Any prior background in conducting advanced analyses in Excel, SQL, Python, or other data analysis platforms is preferred.
In the Data & Technology Associate role at Zeta, you will support our team to ensure that Zeta has strong systems for the management of its data and technology in service of providing a world-class schooling experience. The Data Strategy team plays a key role in providing stakeholders with the data they need to drive action, building scalable systems, managing hardware and software needs, and creating innovative tools that help to ensure our goals are met.
You will support Zeta’s data and systems through:
– Developing and executing an end-to-end strategy for managing all student and staff software to ensure that Zeta achieves the highest possible return-on-investment for each product it purchases (e.g., understanding the value of each learning application, managing application contracts)
– Supporting with the management of schooling data including; developing dashboards in Power BI, creating bespoke reports of data, and serving as a subject matter expert on our Student Information System (student database)
– Ensuring that Zeta students and staff have all the technology they need (staff Macbooks, student Chromebooks, iPads etc), identifying annual hardware purchasing needs, ensuring all hardware is distributed and tracked properly, and executing a strategy for hardware lifecycle management
– Serving as the subject matter expert on all technology needs, develop trainings and user-friendly materials on best practices for hardware and software usage
– Managing special projects as part of a lean start-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
We are hiring to fill an immediate opening. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000. Compensation is based on candidates' qualifications and experience.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).