Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Our Network office is located at 401 W. 218th St., New York, NY 10034. This role requires an in-person schedule five days per week and flexibility in traveling to all of Zeta's different campuses.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Director of Facilities with a Bachelor's degree (related field is preferred, such as architecture, engineering, construction management, real estate law, business) and ideally 4-6+ years of work experience in facilities management who is fueled by a passion for team success and continuous improvement.
You will lead and manage all aspects of Zeta’s facilities work:
– Set the vision, operational objectives, and strategic systems for facilities excellence and maintenance across the organization, in alignment with the CEO, with the goal of increasing efficiency to meet Zeta’s ambitious scaling objectives
– Manage large projects in a highly organized way and hold cross-functional teams accountable to deliverables and timelines
– Design, manage, and revise key facilities processes in a scalable format to support facilities management and maintenance oversight
– Document facilities procedures across all Zeta locations to ensure we have scalable practices that can be implemented and improved with 100% fidelity year over year
– Maintain up-to-date building documentation and certifications, and coordinate required government inspections
– Hold School-based Operations Directors and outside vendors accountable to ensure all of Zeta’s facilities expectations are effectively implemented to create a Wow experience for our students, staff, and families
– Manage and oversee all facilities work with urgency, a high excellence bar, and extreme attention to detail
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for an immediate opening and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $115,000 and $140,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience in facilities management and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales. This position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary, merit-based performance bonus.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).