Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a responsible and reliable part-time Food Service Aide. As a Food Service Aide at Zeta, you will be responsible for organizing, executing, and maintaining food service systems for our students at Zeta Charter Schools. The Food Service Aide will have a strong work ethic, be extremely organized, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. You will work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
– Organize safe storage of food and maintain a sanitary kitchen
– Receive all food deliveries for breakfast, lunch, and snack
– Ensure that food service equipment and cafeteria spaces are kept stocked and clean
– Foster a positive relationship with all vendors and stakeholders
– Prepare food provided by school vendor, ensuring all safety and preparation guidelines are followed and food is ready for scheduled meal times
– Coordinate service of breakfast, lunch, and snacks to all students daily
– Inventory meal service supplies daily
– Report and help reconcile any issues with vendor orders
– Assist with meal accountability; this will include ensuring food menu items are ordered in a timely fashion and detailed meal consumption records are kept
– Assist with tracking, documentation, and reporting for Zeta’s National School Lunch Program
– Assist with regular health inspections
– Support with other school operations tasks as needed
– High school diploma or higher
– The job will require obtaining appropriate food safety and handling certification. Zeta will support the Food Service Aide in obtaining proper certification if not already possessed by the candidate.
– Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
– Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to multitask
– Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are essential
– Strong attention to detail
– Able to comfortably lift and move 20 pounds
– Someone with an unyielding dedication to cleanliness and hygiene
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The hourly compensation for this position is $18 / hour. This is a part-time role through the end of June 2024, with hours of approximately 7:00am to 1:00pm, Monday through Friday. All candidates must complete and successfully receive a food handling certificate. The locations for this role are at our two Zeta Bronx Mount Eden school sites: 1325 Jerome Ave, Bronx, NY 10452 and 1475 Macombs Rd, Bronx, NY 10452.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).