Grant Writer / Grants Manager
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Grant Writer / Grants Manager with a B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, Writing, or similar, and at least 5-10 years of experience in grant-writing and/or other professional writing vocation. The ideal candidate is an incredible storyteller and compelling writer, has a “can do” attitude and a bias for continual improvement, is highly detail-oriented, and is interested in education. The position title will be commensurate with candidate experience relative to Zeta’s organizational levels.
Zeta’s Development team obtains the private funding needed for Zeta to deliver on its promise of world-class schooling and achieve its growth plan. As the Grant Writer / Grants Manager at Zeta, you will support our team to effectively and powerfully tell Zeta’s story to institutional and government funders by writing and managing Zeta’s grants. Specifically, you will:
- Write, submit, and manage grant applications, working with the Head of Development and cross-functionally to obtain data and inputs needed
- Manage Zeta’s existing grants in partnership with the finance team, to ensure reports are submitted on time and grant funds are received
- Maintain Zeta’s grants calendar and build/improve Zeta’s grant-management/tracking system to ensure effective and efficient reporting
- Expand Zeta’s base of support among institutional donors by identifying and pursuing additional and new grant opportunities in alignment with Zeta’s mission and model
- Stay on top of fundraising trends and grant opportunities in education and the broader nonprofit sector
- Support the Head of Development as needed across other fundraising and storytelling priorities in support of organizational priorities (e.g., create other fundraising solicitation materials)
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
- Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
- Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
- Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
- Are well organized and attentive to detail
- Are a proven project manager who is able to work independently to manage projects with many moving parts and various stakeholders
- Are a storyteller, able to move your audience’s hearts and minds using narrative and data
- Are a compelling and persuasive writer with an understanding of how to write for different audiences and in different contexts
- Are an excellent editor and proofreader
- Are proficient in Google Docs and Google Sheets / Excel
How does Zeta invest in you?
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
- 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
- Top-of-market competitive compensation
- MacBook Air
- Zeta swag
- Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
- Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
- NYC’s finest sweet treats
- Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
- Clear pathway to professional growth
- Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
- Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
- Interactive DEIJ programming
- Mindfulness retreats
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $80,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).