Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Our Network office is located at 401 W. 218th St., New York, NY 10034. Our Network team follows a hybrid work schedule: we work in-person from our office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with optional remote days on Mondays and Fridays, if your team’s scope of work permits.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Grant Writer / Grants Manager with a B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, Writing, or similar, and at least 5-10 years of experience in grant-writing and/or other professional writing vocation. The ideal candidate is an incredible storyteller and compelling writer, has a “can do” attitude and a bias for continual improvement, is highly detail-oriented, and is interested in education. The position title will be commensurate with candidate experience relative to Zeta’s organizational levels.
Zeta’s Development team obtains the private funding needed for Zeta to deliver on its promise of world-class schooling and achieve its growth plan. As the Grant Writer / Grants Manager at Zeta, you will support our team to effectively and powerfully tell Zeta’s story to institutional and government funders by writing and managing Zeta’s grants. Specifically, you will:
– Write, submit, and manage grant applications, working with the Head of Development and cross-functionally to obtain data and inputs needed
– Manage Zeta’s existing grants in partnership with the finance team, to ensure reports are submitted on time and grant funds are received
– Maintain Zeta’s grants calendar and build/improve Zeta’s grant-management/tracking system to ensure effective and efficient reporting
– Expand Zeta’s base of support among institutional donors by identifying and pursuing additional and new grant opportunities in alignment with Zeta’s mission and model
– Stay on top of fundraising trends and grant opportunities in education and the broader nonprofit sector
– Support the Head of Development as needed across other fundraising and storytelling priorities in support of organizational priorities (e.g., create other fundraising solicitation materials)
– Project manage excellently, working independently to manage projects with many moving parts and various stakeholders
– Use narrative and data to storytell, being able to move your audience’s hearts and minds
– Write in a compelling and persuasive way, with an understanding of how to write for different audiences and in different contexts
– Demonstrate excellence in editing and proofreading
– Demonstrate proficiency in Google Docs and Google Sheets / Excel
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $80,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).