Innovation “Z” Lab Teacher
Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a talented Zeta Innovation Lab (“Z Lab”) Teacher with a Bachelor’s degree (STEM-related field preferred), and at least 1-2 years of lead teaching experience (science lab experience preferred) with a proven record of facilitating lab or engineering design activities and relevant curriculum creation.
Deliver powerful results
Our Z Lab is a cutting-edge creator's space where Zeta students of all ages and abilities learn in a rigorous way through design thinking and hands-on experimentation and play that crosses all disciplines. Zeta students spend one to two days per week in Z Lab during the school day, as well as extended periods after school, building and experimenting. As a part of Z Lab, our students will have the opportunity to engage with personalized digital learning programs to supplement in-class learning as well as learn age-appropriate coding skills starting in elementary school using a problem-solving approach to coding projects in Z Lab.
– Execute a vision of excellence in Z Lab to engage Zeta students of all ages and abilities learn in a rigorous way through design thinking and hands-on experimentation and play that crosses all disciplines
– Build a classroom culture that fosters students’ genuine love for learning and creates a sense of community for our families
– Create a genuine love for innovation, discovery, and a sense of exploration and critical thinking within your students
– Maintain the Z Lab classroom space to ensure a world-class innovation learning environment
– Create Z Lab curriculum and support our Network Academics team in creating and evaluating Z Lab curriculum
– Assist with whole-school initiatives and provide instructional support as needed.
– Use data-driven approaches and student resources to drive student achievement.
– Develop authentic and meaningful relationships with students and families to support student growth
– Collaborate with colleagues and participate in weekly professional development opportunities to grow as an educator
– Use your own passion for innovation to launch your students toward their most powerful and fulfilling lives
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
The start date for this position is July 2023. The salary range for this position is between $58,500-$90,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).