Manager of Operational Excellence
Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Manager of Operational Excellence with a Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in startup operations, consulting, procurement, or supply chain and logistics who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement. Our ideal candidate has a creative, problem-solving mindset, disciplined focus on scalable processes, and interest in education.
– Support end to end strategic planning and design of scalable processes to support network-wide operations
– Oversee projects including supplier sourcing, price negotiation, supplier management and contract negotiation
– Develop and maintain planning forecast for all purchased goods
– Track all inventory through supply chain, from purchase through delivery
– Implement and proactively recommend new or improved purchasing and material management processes
– Work closely with school-based operations teams and other network teams to ensure teachers have the materials they need to deliver engaging, rigorous lessons
– Generate reports and develop analytical models to help facilitate key decisions
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
The start date for this position is immediate. The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $90,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).