Manager of Operational Strategy
Follow your passion
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. Our purpose lies in changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Manager of Operational Strategy with a Bachelor's Degree and 2-4+ years of work experience in management consulting, finance, or startup operations who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement. Ideal candidates have a creative, problem-solving mindset, disciplined focus on scalable processes, and interest in education. The position title will be commensurate with candidate experience relative to Zeta’s organizational levels.
The Manager of Operational Strategy will report to Zeta’s Managing Director of Operational Strategy, and work closely with Zeta team members across all areas of the Network team.
Deliver powerful results
As the Manager of Operational Strategy, you will support our team to drive our organizational strategy and build scalable processes across multiple functional areas as we scale up through:
- Providing strategic thinking and project management for critical initiatives to support the network’s growth plans across a variety of functional areas
- Supporting the design and implementation of seamless, effective, and scalable operational processes across all areas of the organization that support our schools, including student outreach, talent recruitment, people operations, and organizational culture and training
- Identifying areas of improvements across the organization and using data, experience, and best practices to provide creative solutions
- Wearing multiple hats as a part of a start-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience.
You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
- Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
- Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
- Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
- Are well organized and detail-oriented
- Are able to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and various stakeholders
We maintain an unrelenting focus on team at Zeta, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued. As part of a lean growth organization, we expect all our teammates to wear multiple hats and have a can-do attitude about overcoming any hurdle!
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning to disrupt the status quo and tackle problems with creative solutions. Bring your whole self to Zeta.
How does Zeta invest in you?
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
- 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
- Top-of-market competitive compensation
- MacBook Air
- Zeta swag
- Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
- Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
- NYC’s finest sweet treats
- Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
- Clear pathway to professional growth
- Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
- Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
- Interactive DEIJ programming
- Mindfulness retreats
We are hiring to fill this position immediately. The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $90,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience.
Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).