Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Our Network office is located at 400 W 219th St., New York, NY 10034. Our Network team follows a hybrid work schedule: we work in-person from our office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with optional remote days on Mondays and Fridays, if your team’s scope of work permits.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Director of Real Estate Strategy with at least 5-7+ years of experience in roles requiring strong project management and organizational skills in fast-paced work environments. Real estate project management experience is a must, and experience in schooling is a plus. Design or architecture background will be highly regarded, but not required.
As the Director of Real Estate Strategy, you will drive the development of Zeta’s private facilities to ensure that all our students have beautiful learning spaces and lead our growth across the entire network:
– Model out student growth to inform building and facility location and needs
– Collaborate with real estate brokers and developers to close on private facility deals
– Strategize creative real estate financing solutions as the Zeta Real Estate portfolio grows
– Manage large scale construction projects, ensuring that all school buildings are built per the work letter, delivered on time, at the highest quality and within budget
– Closely collaborate with several external and internal parties including but not limited to, Zeta leadership, developers, architects, lawyers, external project managers, engineers, the DOB and expeditors
– Build strong, scalable processes to hand off new buildings effectively to the Operational Excellence team.
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for both an immediate opening. The salary range for this position is between $115,000 and $150,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales. This position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary, merit-based performance bonus.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).