Middle School Math Teacher [2023-24, Founding Role]
Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for Middle School Math Teachers with a Bachelor’s degree (STEM field preferred) and at least 1-2+ years of lead teaching experience (NY certification preferred), with a proven record of propelling extraordinary student growth.
– Plan inquiry-based, academically rigorous math lessons that inspire curiosity in all students
– Build a classroom culture that fosters students’ genuine love for learning and creates a sense of community for our families
– Internalize Zeta’s math scope and sequence to see how concepts build upon each other throughout the year
– Use data-driven approach and teaching resources to drive student achievement
– Serve as an Advisor to a small group of students and develop authentic, meaningful relationships with students and families in service of students’ personal and academic growth
– Collaborate with colleagues and participate in weekly professional development with leaders to benefit from feedback and planning that will help you grow as an educator
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $62,000 and $106,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience teaching in a lead capacity in a school, NYS teacher certification status, and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).