Find your purpose
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar candidate for the Operational Excellence position with a Bachelors Degree and 2-3 years of experience working in operations, in schools and/or managing projects for a schooling organization.
Deliver powerful results
In the Operational Excellence position, you will be responsible for supporting all school operations work for our growing K-4 school model. You are an excellent project manager with expertise in building strong operational systems. You’ll work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
In the Operational Excellence position, you will be responsible for:
– Removing roadblocks and barriers for our Operations Teams through proactive problem-solving
– Project managing the operational components of specific network-wide programs such as our School Food program
– Creating a yearly plan to ensure our families have a WOW experience with Zeta from the moment they enroll at our schools
– Creating a yearly plan for (and writing) network-wide family communications to create a WOW experience for our families
– Documenting operational systems for students assessments given across our network of schools
– Creating strong, scalable, well-documented systems for a variety of other components of school operations
– Contributing to leadership of the organization-wide Operations team, including leading trainings as requested, and contributing to long-term planning for Zeta Operations
Organizing, communicating and holding school-based Operations Directors accountable to deliverables
Join our passionate community
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Ability to successfully handle multiple projects with excellent project management and organizational skills
– Strong writing skills and ability to optimally connect with a broad range of stakeholder groups
– Able to work autonomously and thoroughly with independent self-reflection, as well as take direction as needed
– Ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
– Demonstrated proficiency in project plan development, management, and execution
– Experience working in K-12 schools
Other necessary characteristics include:
– Strong systems thinking to create scalable processes
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative environment
– Hunger to continuously learn and improve
– Flexible and positive in the face of challenges
– Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
We maintain an unrelenting focus on team at Zeta, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued. As part of a lean growth organization, we expect all our teammates to wear multiple hats and have a can-do attitude about overcoming any hurdle!
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning to disrupt the status quo and tackle problems with creative solutions.
The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $85,000. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience.
Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).