At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission. Learn more about our mission here.
Currently, we operate 7 elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We are the fastest growing charter startup in NYC and our early results put us on track to be amongst the highest-performing networks in the city. Join our incredible team to be part of our startup and growth story as we transform public education.
Deliver powerful, excellent results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Operational Strategy Extern with 2-4+ years of work experience in management consulting, finance, or startup operations who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement. Our ideal candidate has a creative, problem-solving mindset, disciplined focus on scalable processes, and interest in education.
At Zeta, we love our externs and scope incredibly meaningful and impactful projects for a fulfilling and rewarding externship experience. We have hosted externs from Bain, McKinsey, Oliver Wyman, and others. Our past externs have launched a charter startup incubator, built operational and facilities management dashboards, implemented and rolled org-wide knowledge management platforms, and so much more! The Operational Strategy Externship is a 6-month program with the opportunity to extend.
As the Operational Strategy Extern, you will support our team to help drive our organizational strategy and build scalable processes across multiple functional areas as we scale up through:
– Working closely with Zeta’s leadership team to scope and define your externship project from a list of critical scaling initiatives across the organization
– Providing strategic visioning and project management for projects to support the network’s growth plans, including business process reimagination, dashboard and tool development, technology systems implementations, organization-wide knowledge management, collaboration and process / systems codification
– Proactively identifying additional areas of improvements across the organization and using data, experience, and best practices to provide creative solutions
– Wearing multiple hats as part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team, and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. We approach our work with purpose, passion, and power. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual
The Operational Strategy Extern will be part of Zeta’s Operational Strategy team, led by Zeta's Chief Operating Officer, Network. This team is composed of talented individuals with experience at top consulting firms, financial firms, and schooling organizations.
Our Network office is located at 400 W. 219th St., New York, NY 10034. Our Network team follows a hybrid work schedule: we work in-person from our office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with optional remote days on Mondays and Fridays.
Pay rate to be determined based on length of externship and available sponsorship.
If you are interested in exploring a Zeta externship, please apply today through our website here.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).