Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Our Network office is located at 401 W. 218th St., New York, NY 10034. Our Network team follows a hybrid work schedule: we work in-person from our office on Tuesdays and Thursdays with optional remote days on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, if your team’s scope of work permits.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a Director of Operational Strategy with a Bachelor's Degree and 4-5+ years of work experience in management consulting, finance, scale-up of growing organizations, or strategic roles in high-performance organizations. MBA is preferred, but not required.
Ideal candidates have a creative, problem-solving mindset, disciplined focus on scalable processes, and interest in education. We are looking for teammates with a strong analytical skillset (e.g., ability to analyze large datasets and create models) and mastery of storytelling (e.g., ability to write for multiple audiences and create effective decks). This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Network.
– Provide strategic visioning and project management for critical initiatives to support the network’s growth plan
– Design and implement seamless, effective, and scalable operational processes across all areas of the organization that support our schools, including student outreach, talent recruitment, people operations, and organizational culture and training
– Lead cross-functional teams in project planning and execution, ensuring that all departments contribute effectively to the strategic scaling plans
– Champion a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging feedback and ideas from all levels of the organization, integrating diverse perspectives into strategic planning and scaling efforts
– Identify areas of improvements across the organization and use data, experience, and best practices to provide creative solutions
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean startup-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for an immediate opening. The salary range for this position is between $100,000 and $150,000. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales. This position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary, merit-based performance bonus.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).