Outreach/Community Specialist [Part Time]
Find your purpose
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. Our purpose lies in changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Our Outreach/Community Specialist, part of the Zeta Street Team (“Z Team”) Program, is a part-time, short-term community outreach role to ensure families living in the communities we serve learn about Zeta so their children have an opportunity to apply to attend a Zeta School. Our goal is to reach every family in the neighborhoods we serve so that every eligible child has the opportunity to access our high-quality educational seats.
Outreach/Community Specialists assist us with educating families on Zeta’s school design and curriculum, obtaining student applications for pre-kindergarten through third grade at our schools, and sharing materials with various community organizations.
Deliver powerful results
As an Outreach/Community Specialist, you:
– Are a people person, and you are excited about the prospect of sharing with community family members information about Zeta’s world-class schools
– You enjoy meeting and conversing with new people of all walks of life every day, and you are able to learn and explain with clarity Zeta’s mission, vision, and educational program
– You are hard-working, punctual, extremely organized, results-driven, and flexible
– You are good at juggling multiple responsibilities at the same time
– Ideally, you have customer service or community service experience, and are fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish.
Outreach/Community Specialists work approximately 16-20 hours per week, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends, as determined by Zeta’s Outreach Manager.
As an Outreach/Community Specialist, you will:
– Engage with families about Zeta’s world-class educational program, and provide them with brochures and other resources
– Obtain paper applications for children enrolling in pre-kindergarten to 6th grade for the 2023-24 school year
– Assist in organizational outreach events
– Obtain contact information of families that express interest
– Provide flyers to businesses and residential buildings
We will provide all necessary training and information on Zeta so that you can be a successful Outreach/Community Specialist. Compensation for this part-time position is $18/hour.
Zeta Schools is seeking candidates who can start immediately. All candidates will need to complete a background check, and this will be an hourly, part time position. Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.