Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development for our students. We insist that every student receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the landscape of public education in New York City and beyond, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple elementary and middle schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We plan to grow and open 1-2 schools each year because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for Pre-K Head Teachers with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-2+ years of lead teaching experience (NY Birth-2nd grade certification required), with a proven record of propelling extraordinary student growth.
– Plan inquiry-based, rigorous lessons that focus on exploration and play
– Build a classroom culture that fosters students’ genuine love for learning and creates a sense of community for our families
– Master Zeta’s Pre-K academic content and social-emotional curriculum
– Use data-driven approach and teaching resources to drive student achievement
– Develop authentic, meaningful relationships with students and families to support students’ personal and academic growth
– Collaborate with colleagues and participate in weekly professional development opportunities with leaders and colleagues to benefit from feedback that will help you grow as an educator
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child. Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. At Zeta:
– We are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– We bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– We are hungry and determined to not only meet our goals, but surpass them
– We are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of our own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– We have a high bar for excellence and sweat over the details
– We are caring and put team over individual at all times
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $62,000 and $92,000. For a limited time, this role qualifies for a $5,000 signing bonus. New hires can expect to be brought into the organization at a salary at or near the start of the range, depending on relevant experience teaching in a lead capacity in a school, NYS teacher certification status, and internal equity. Compensation is based on our salary scales.
How does Zeta invest in you?
We offer great benefits:
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
We care deeply about your personal and professional growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive Mindfulness and DEIJ programming
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).