Real Estate Project Manager
Find your purpose
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Real Estate Project Manager with at least 3-5+ years of experience in roles requiring strong project management and organizational skills in fast-paced work environments. Real estate project management experience is a must, and experience in schooling is a plus. Design or architecture background will be highly regarded, but not required.
Deliver powerful results
As the Real Estate Project Manager at Zeta, you will drive the development of Zeta’s private facilities to ensure that all our students have beautiful learning spaces and support our growth across the entire network:
– Manage large scale construction projects for Zeta, ensuring they are built per the work letter, delivered on time, at the highest quality and within budget
– Closely collaborate with several external and internal parties including but not limited to, Zeta leadership, developers, architects, lawyers, external project managers, engineers, the DOB and expeditors
– Monitor weekly activities in the construction field, managing the flow of information and tracking issues arising from progress, quality and safety
– Assist in completing the building handover to the Operational Excellence team, ensuring that maintenance, utilities and legal documents are complete and neatly organized
– Manage project closeouts and punch list items
– Wear multiple hats as a part of a lean start-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Join our passionate community
Our Zeta team is composed of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. We need team members who are passionate about our mission, vision, and core values. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback. You are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them at all costs. You are highly skilled at effectively communicating with your team members, both in good times and bad. You have strong project-management skills and the ability to work on multiple high-stakes projects while keeping track of deadlines.
We maintain an unrelenting focus on team, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued. As part of a lean team, we expect all our teammates to wear multiple hats and have a can-do attitude about overcoming any hurdle!
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning, disrupting the status quo, and tackling problems with creative solutions.
The salary range for this position is $90,000-$125,000. Compensation is based on candidates' qualifications and experience.
Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).