Write Your Story at Zeta!
Follow your passion
Are you looking to make a BIG impact? At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are passionate about changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Currently, we operate multiple schools in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We are growing our schools because children in every community deserve excellent, equitable education. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and be a change agent for children.
Deliver powerful results
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a New York State certified School Counselor with a Master’s degree in School Counseling, and a proven record of successfully supporting students in crisis and propelling student growth and achievement.
– Serve as an integral part of the school community and the driver of student support and social-emotional learning (SEL)
– Oversee impressive individualized growth for students who struggle with emotion regulation, social perspective-taking, social problem-solving or self control, with the support and guidance of school leadership, experienced network staff, and expert consultants
– Utilize your passion for SEL to create innovative and impactful curriculum, coach teachers on effective execution, and ensure schoolwide immersion of all of Zeta’s SEL program components
– Build strong relationships with students and families and lead Zeta’s initiative to ensure students develop and display Excellence, Perseverance, Integrity and Community, our “EPIC” values, driving for strong school culture
– Work closely with the Student Achievement Team and the Committee on Special Education to identify and support students with disabilities
– Serve as an important part of the Response to Intervention (RtI) Team
– Communicate often with other school psychologists and network staff, consulting on challenging cases and completing SEL and student support-specific professional development
Join our purpose-driven community
Zeta teammates are lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and a deep sense of purpose. We disrupt the status quo and tackle problems together. Our team stands united by our commitment to a limitless future for every child.
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
– Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
– Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
– Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them
– Are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment
– Are well organized and detail-oriented
How does Zeta invest in you?
– Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
– Flexible spending accounts for eligible medical purchases and commuter expenses
– 403(b) retirement plan; Zeta offers matching contributions toward your savings
– Top-of-market competitive compensation
– MacBook Air
– Zeta swag
– Specified monthly reimbursement for use of mobile phone
– Fully stocked teacher workrooms with favorite snacks and Nespresso machine
– NYC’s finest sweet treats
– Team outings
Personal and Professional Growth:
– Clear pathway to professional growth
– Consistent feedback and support from managers and teammates
– Community Circle practice to build and strengthen our sense of team
– Interactive DEIJ programming
– Mindfulness retreats
We are hiring for immediate openings and onboarding on a rolling basis. The salary range for this position is between $67,000 and $99,250. Compensation is based on our salary scales that take into account candidates' relevant experience and license.
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).